The Tauranga team have been working from Kopu in the Coromandel to Opotiki, Rotorua and Taupo and everywhere in between. At the same time they have been supporting our other offices in Auckland, Christchurch, Hamilton and Southland where needed. Collaboration is key at Kirk Roberts, with this shared effort showing in recently completed projects, significant staff milestones, and community support.
“Having multi-disciplines under one roof allowed us to produce an overall efficient design and also aided in speeding up the construction programme compared to similar building types in the area.” says KR Senior Architectural Designer, Dan Augustine.
“Kirk Roberts is just really good to work with. They helped me understand what I was in for and what I had to do. It was a partnership where they kept me informed. They keep it personal.” – Ray Sperling, Managing Director.
Our geotechnical team also provided solutions for Danske Mobler.
“I cannot recommend Kirk Roberts Consulting enough… From the initial concept to the final execution Kirk Roberts demonstrated a remarkable ability to understand our needs and seamlessly translate them into a breath-taking design.”- Allan Winter Danske Mobler, Managing Director.
Two Tauranga team members, Dan Augustine and Nathan Gilling (pictured left) have been named Associates. The awarding of Associate recognises future leaders in the business and recognises those that ‘live and breathe’ Kirk Roberts values. We extend our gratitude to both Dan and Nathan, both outstanding individuals dedicated to the success of others, demonstrating their technical excellence and commitment to clients.
KR Values Award Winners
Celebrating staff is a highlight we look forward to at our companywide events. Our five values are the DNA of why we come to work and how we achieve everything we set out to do. Recently the Tauranga office “one team, one waka” approach recently saw them win an internal KR Values Award, as well as a well-deserved shared morning tea.
Jason Fourie and Karl Biddle were also recognised for their dedication and project work on a significant, local development.
Tauranga Community Relationships
Our purpose is to create futures, with this extending into our communities, where we live work and play.
Bay of Plenty/Waikato Epro8 competition
Over 25,000 students around New Zealand participate in this inter-school science and engineering competition. We’re so proud to support the young women at Tauranga Girls’ College in their engineering passions – well done on making it to the 2023 semi-finals.
Local and Community Projects
Kirk Roberts is engaged in a number of significant projects across the Bay of Plenty region.
• Northern Quarter – this project is located in central downtown Tauranga incorporating a hotel, office and retail development designed to achieve the 5 Star Greenstar build criteria.
• Parton Road – a 14 unit commercial studio development recently completed
• Pukehina Surf Lifesaving Club – construction is now underway on this community focused project, with our team providing geotechnical, structural and fire services.
• St John Whitianga – KR is proud to provide structural design services for the extension and upgrade to St John Whitianga facilities.
• Adrenalyn Motorcycles – a local design and build project, KR have been working closely with Sabre Construction on this. Designed by our Tauranga KR Architecture team we are excited to see this completed shortly.
• Tree Wise Men, Matakokiri Drive is another design and build development partnering with good friends Hawes Building Solutions.
• The new LDV/Ssangyong Dealership on Cameron Road had a considerable alteration and has recently been completed.