We have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager to join our dynamic PMO team, based in Christchurch. If you have experience within the construction environment, managing the full project lifecycle from initial design to onsite construction, enjoy the challenge of delivering complex projects, and are client focused, we want to hear from you.
About the role
As one of our Project Managers, you will have a hands-on approach to lead and manage delivery of projects, working collaboratively with our consultant teams and external key stakeholders and suppliers.
You will work across a broad range of projects responsible for the project scope development, design, co-ordination and compliance, procurement and contract management, budget and costs, project programme and reporting; ensuring successful delivery of multiple projects nationally.
- Manage all components of the project, including timelines, resources, budgets, risks, quality and health and safety
- Liaise with clients to understand their needs and translate them in the project scope. Provide input in the early stages of the project scope development, including communication with the Project Stakeholders
- Coordinate internal and external design and specialist consultants to develop the project design
- Prepare consent and any other compliance packages, managing the process through to close-out in the shortest time frame possible and with minimum cost to project
- Prepare project procurement plan and scope of works, tender packages and manage the direct negotiation or tendering of all project trades, carry out tender analysis and select the best resources for the project delivery
- Eliminate any scope gaps by discussing and negotiating scopes of works with subcontractors. Ensure the appropriate contractual agreements are in place before any works commence on site or materials are delivered. Thoroughly review and approve or reject contract variations.
- Manage project budget and project cost changes. Update the Project Cost Summary to ensure it provides an accurate status of current and forecasted project costs
- Refine the Project programme and ensure it contains all tasks required to complete the project. Ensure the programme captures all lead times and allows for reasonable contingency
- Carry out critical path analysis, resource levelling, and programme optimisation to ensure the project timelines are met
- Maintain clear and timely communication with all stakeholders by preparing and issuing weekly and monthly project progress reports covering design and construction progress, cost, programme, risks and resourcing, as well as health and safety.
- Coordinate with the project design consultants and design and build subcontractors to compile and complete the Building Operation Manual
- Maintain strong working relationships with stakeholders, suppliers and contractors
We offer the unique opportunity of being part of a dynamic team, while gaining exposure to landmark projects across New Zealand. You will receive a competitive remuneration package, flexible working, an annual performance bonus scheme, on-the-job training and ongoing career development.
- Tertiary qualification or equivalent in construction, civil or project management with a minimum of 5 years project management experience in the construction/civil industry working for a main contractor or a client-side role (preferably both)
- Proven experience managing multiple projects and the associated risks, and financial management of project budget control and contractor claim management
- Experience in preparing tender packages, competitive tender analysis and negotiation
- Working knowledge with project planning software (MS Project or similar)
- Experience in managing NZS3910, NZS 3915, NZS3916 and NZS3917 contracts
- Have a proactive approach to problem solving, and strong decision-making skills, with a high level of commercial awareness and financial competency, with the aptitude to make informed decisions independently
- Highly Client-focused, with a commercial approach in dealing with all aspects of projects, and high attention to detail and accuracy
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills, easily adaptable with a positive drive and resilience
Kirk Roberts Consulting is a multi-discipline engineering company with over 100 employees across our four offices in Christchurch, Auckland, Hamilton and Tauranga. We are providing Structural, Geotechnical, Fire, Civil and Environmental Engineering Services, as well as Project Development, Project Management, Architecture and Engineering Software. Our clients are as diverse as our skills, ranging from commercial retail, hospitality, logistics and manufacturing, high-end residential as well as social housing.
At Kirk Roberts the heart of our business is innovation and finding a better way is why we exist. Our company was founded to challenge the norm and push boundaries, so we can bring our clients advanced design solutions that drive efficiencies.
Please send your latest CV and covering letter to: email@example.com.
Please note, that all applicants must be domiciled in New Zealand and be eligible for permanent employment in NZ, with either a NZ Passport, residency, or current work visa.